- Date: 5/25/2011 (Wednesday)
- 2100 Hours
- 1400 block of Heaton Hill Road
The Lower Moreland Township Police are investigating the theft of a backpack style leaf blower, an edge trimmer, and 2 gallon gas can from a locked shed. The two male actors parked their vehicle on an adjacent street and walked through backyards to gain access to the shed. The shed was forced open and the items were removed. While walking back to their vehicle they were observed by a neighbor who confronted the two males. The neighbor was thrown to the ground prior to the actors fleeing in their vehicle.
- Older model small two tone pick-up truck, possible a Dodge
- Maroon over white or grey
- Loud, sounded as if it was dragging metal
- 1: White male, 30 years old, long dark hair (to top of shoulder). Taller than 5'9", No accent/deep voice
- 2- Male, unknown description
The actors may be trash picking or scrapping in residential neighborhoods on the evening before trash days. Surrounding agencies are asked to distribute the description of the vehicle to patrol who may be familiar with it or its occupants.
If a resident observes suspicious activity, obtaining the vehicle registration plate information if possible would be helpful to the police investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Lower Moreland Police at 215-947-3132.