Lower Moreland Township has a new electric permit and fee schedule. Fee payment must be made at time of application. All fees shall be made out to Lower Moreland Township.

Lower Moreland Township has elected to administer and enforce the provisions of PA Act 45 known as the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code and adopts or incorporates by reference the latest version of the following codes published by the “International Code Council, Inc.”

  • 2009 International Building Code
  • 2009 International Plumbing Code 
  • 2009 International Mechanical Code 
  • 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
  • 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
  • 2009 International Residential Code
  • 2009 International Fire Code
  • 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
  • Handicapped accessibility designs use chapter 11 of the 2015 ICB and/or the applicable portions of the 2015 IECB (existing building code) and the 2009 ANSI A117.1

Frequently Asked Questions

Is a permit required?


  • New homes
  • Additions
  • Interior and exterior alterations, replacements & repairs
  • Decks
  • Structural changes in size for windows or doors
  • Pools & Hot tubs
  • Patios & Walkways
  • Fences & Walls
  • Finishing basements
  • Sheds & Accessory Structures
  • Demolition or Blasting
  • Signs
  • Storage Tanks (above or in-ground)
  • New or altered plumbing work
  • Mechanical Systems
  • Grading and Storm water management
  • New or replacement of sidewalks, curbs & driveway aprons.
  • Street openings
  • Fire Alarm systems
  • Fire Sprinkler systems


  • Painting or wall covering
  • General Landscaping
  • Re-shingling a roof
  • Replacing but not moving plumbing fixtures, cabinets or counter tops
  • Siding

Does the Township license contractors?

The Township does not license contractors and cannot make recommendations to residents.

The Township does register plumbers.  A plumbing permit must be pulled by a registered master plumber.

What is the turn around time for permits?

The turn around time for a residential permit application is 15 business days and 30 business days for a commercial permit application.

Do I need a survey and architectural/engineer stamped plans?

Architectural/engineer stamped plans and a professional survey is required for all permits unless waived by the Township Building Department.

Does the Township issue Certificates of Occupancy?

The Township does issue a Certificate of Occupancy for residential and commercial work but not for real estate resale or leasing purposes.


Lower Moreland Township Code