Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a permit to solicit in Lower Moreland Township?

No, however, we do ask solicitors to notify the Township before they start going door to door so that when residents call the Township about suspicious persons we do know who is soliciting in the area.

Residents are reminded that they have the right to ask for proper identification from any solicitor. You may also ask the solicitor to leave your property. Residents are not obligated to speak to or donate to non-profit groups.

Any homeowner or business owner may prohibit the practice of soliciting by posting upon their property a sign which reads “No Peddling or Soliciting” in a location which is reasonably visible to persons who intend to solicit on such property.

 Click here to read Ordinance 609, "Peddling and Soliciting" in full.

How can I obtain a copy of a police or accident report?

Copies are available at the Police Department between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Call on the business number 215-947-3132 during the listed office hours. If you call during these hours the report can be made available for pick up during the evening hours. There is a $15.00 charge for copies of reports. Exact cash or check is required. It is recommended that you call first to be sure the report is ready.

What can I do if I receive a citation and feel it is unfair?

Every citizen has a right to a hearing. If you feel a citation is unfair, plead not guilty and request a hearing. Lower Moreland Township is covered by District Justice Court located in Willow Grove. The phone number for the Court is 1-215-659-6840.

Can I pay fines at the police station?

No. Fines must be paid at District Justice office. The office is located at 102 York Road Suite 100, Willow Grove, PA 19090-3294.