Yard Waste Collection Pilot Program
Lower Moreland Township is conducting a pilot program for yard waste collection in the Township. In addition to the collection of yard waste using biodegradable bags and bundled materials, the Public Works Department will also be collecting yard waste in 32- gallon containers through the new program. Participants will need to obtain stickers for their containers at the Township Administration Building as well as following several guidelines. More information can be found here.
2014 Township Paving Program
The Board of Commissioners awarded the 2014 road paving contact to Joseph E. Sucher & Sons, Inc. at their May 13, 2014 public meeting. The following roads will be paved this summer:
- Greenawalt Road
- Pinney Road
- Warfield Lane (from Huntingdon Pike to Warfield Drive)
A road paving schedule will be available soon.
New Township Zoning Ordinance Adopted
The new Lower Moreland Township Zoning Ordinance was adopted on April 9, 2014. A copy of the ordinance can be downloaded here here.
Lower Moreland E-Waste Collection
Beginning May 5, 2014, a collection bin for e-waste materials will be available at the Public Works Building located at 3901 Heaton Road. Residents may drop off e-waste items Monday- Friday from 9:00am- 2:00pm by appointment only. Collection is for Lower Moreland residents only and I.D. is required. Only PA- compliant materials will be accepted at no charge. A list of these items can be found here. To make an appointment, please call 215-947-3100 or email Kelly Jones at
2014 Spring/ Summer Newsletter Has Arrived
The 2013 Spring/ Summer Lower Moreland Township Newsletter is now available. Click here to read.
Aqua Improvement Project
Please be advised that Aqua Pennsylvania will be replacing the exisiting water main on the following streets in Lower Moreland and Abington Townships:
- Meadowbrook Road between Graham and Paper Mill roads
- Graham Road 100 feet n/o Meadowbrook road
- Paper Mill Road between Meadowbrook and Camerly roads
- Paper Mill Road between Welsh and Grasshopper roads
- Sybil Lane between Old Welsh and Welsh roads Construction will begin April 15, 2014 with completion expected in July. More information can be found here.
2014 Summer Recreation Program
Registration is now open for the 2014 Lower Moreland Township Summer Recreation Program. To learn more and download the registration form, please visit the 2014 Summer Recreation Program page.
Township Receives $149,000 Grant from DCNR
Thanks to a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR), Lower Moreland Township will be receiving $149,000 in grant funding for our second phase of development at Valley Center Park. The second phase of the project will include a nature trail, park pavilion, paved parking lot, an ADA accessible playground, and more. Click here to view the proposed recreation complex.
Prohibit Solicitation at Your Home
If commercial peddlers are bothering you at your home or business, here are three easy ways that you can stop solicitation on your property:
1. Put your property on the "No Solicitation List" by calling the Police Department at 215-947-3132.
2. Submit your name for the "No Solicitation List" online at http://lowermoreland.org/township-departments/police/peddling-soliciting/nosolicitationlist
3. Purchase a decal for a $1.00 at the front desk of the police department. This decal should be placed in your front window and will indicate that the property does not wish to have a solicitor on the property.
Email Information Update
- 08/12/14 7:00 pm
- 08/27/14 7:00 pm
- 08/28/14 7:00 pm
- 09/09/14 7:00 pm
- 09/24/14 7:00 pm